Paying for Funeral Expenses and more
Funeral finances and funeral insurance
While the passing of a loved one is a very emotional time, the financial matters don’t stand still. Someone still needs to take responsibility for paying funeral expenses. Sonja Smith Elite Funeral Group is an Authorised Financial Services Provider, FSP 47204 and we have funeral insurance available. We strongly suggest that you consider taking out funeral insurance to ensure that paying for funeral expenses isn’t a burden you can’t carry.
Paying for Funeral Expenses
If you do think you may have trouble meeting the costs of the funeral, please discuss this with us at the time of making arrangements. We will take everything into consideration, determine your needs and then plan a funeral taking into account your financial position at the time. Payment is due 24 hours prior to the date of the funeral service. We have a supply of claim forms for most of the recognised funeral policies and can assist you to submit these claims, where possible. You will, however, have to settle our Invoice in advance. The Insurance Company will pay the proceeds out to you if all terms & conditions are met.
The Deceased Estate
Whenever there is a Deceased Estate, an executor needs to be appointed as soon as possible. This person is often indicated in the Last Will & Testament of the Deceased, especially if the Will was professionally drafted.
The executor can provide you with advice and support on all financial and practical matters that require immediate attention. There are many pressing issues to address when a loved one dies, such as legal, tax and administrative matters concerning their affairs and estate.
Many organisations will need to be notified of the death depending upon the circumstances.
Some immediate considerations
- Are there any insurance issues on vehicles and properties?
- Is there now an unoccupied property? If so, what needs to be done about it?
- Do benefits need to be stopped and is the surviving spouse entitled to any future benefits?
- Who needs to be notified of the death?
- Where can you go for bereavement support?
- How do you stop future mail from being sent to the Deceased?
- Don’t forget your loved one’s Online life, Social Media Accounts, e-Mails, etc.